Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Lync mobile app, part of Learning Lync Online.
- If you think you'll be using Lync on a regular basis,…you might consider downloading one of the mobile apps…if you plan to use it when you're away from your computer.…There are different mobile apps for different devices,…like smartphones and tablets.…We're gonna take a look at Lync on the iPad.…The first thing you'll need to do…is download it from the app store.…And once you're logged in,…you can start receiving communications.…For example, if someone contacts you…to have an instant message, they simply start typing…and you'll see a message at the top of your screen.…
You'll also see a number over the Lync icon.…Give it a tap and you'll see who it's from at the top.…You can tap right there to continue with the conversation.…I'm here.…At the end of the conversation,…just simply go back to your Contacts…and the other person can close up…their conversation window as well.…Notice from here, looking at your list of contacts,…you have a number of different options.…You can start an instant message conversation.…You can make a phone call, a video call,…
- What is Microsoft Lync?
- Finding, adding, and grouping contacts
- Starting audio and video conference calls
- Using Lync's instant messaging
- Desktop, application, and whiteboard sharing
- Recording meetings
- Using Lync contacts in Outlook
- Sharing OneNote notes in Lync
- Sharing Lync and Skype contacts