Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding, adding, and grouping contacts, part of Up and Running with Lync Online.
- One of the first things you'll begin to do…after getting Lync up and running…is to build up your contact list.…These are the online profiles of the people you'll be…interacting with, and a contact list allows you quick…access to not only their presence…but to communicating with those people using…the various means available here in Lync.…So we're gonna look at adding contacts from within…an organization, outside the organization,…creating groups so we can organize those contacts…as well, and it all happens here in the main screen…with Contacts selected.…
Down below by default you're probably looking at Groups.…Remember we can sort these and arrange these…contacts by status, for example, or by relationship,…and different relationships have different permissions.…We also have this little guy over here at the right…to add a contact but before we go there,…if we simply wanna find someone in the organization,…we can do that using the search field.…So let's go back to Groups.…We only have one other group right now aside…
- What is Microsoft Lync?
- Finding, adding, and grouping contacts
- Starting audio and video conference calls
- Using Lync's instant messaging
- Desktop, application, and whiteboard sharing
- Recording meetings
- Using Lync contacts in Outlook
- Sharing OneNote notes in Lync
- Sharing Lync and Skype contacts