Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting Lync users with Skype users, part of Up and Running with Lync Online.
- View Offline
- If you're at all familiar with Skype,…you know it's an online Voice Over Internet Protocol…video conferencing tool that now belongs to Microsoft.…And because of this, it integrates perfectly…with Lync Online or Lync 2013,…and I'm gonna show you how.…First of all, if you know of any Skype users…who have Skype accounts, you can add them…to your Contacts list just like you would a Lync user.…We'll make sure that we're looking at Contacts…here in our Lync window.…Then we'll go to the Add a Contact button, give it a click.…
Move down to Add a Contact Not in My Organization…and select Skype.…From here all we need to know is their IM address.…If you know one, go ahead and type it in.…We can add them to a specific group…or leave it at the default Other Contacts.…And notice the privacy settings can be selected as well.…If you wanna treat them like Friends and Family…or External Contacts, even block them if you wanted to.…Make your selection and click OK.…They then get added to your Contacts list.…
And you'll notice they look like…
- What is Microsoft Lync?
- Finding, adding, and grouping contacts
- Starting audio and video conference calls
- Using Lync's instant messaging
- Desktop, application, and whiteboard sharing
- Recording meetings
- Using Lync contacts in Outlook
- Sharing OneNote notes in Lync
- Sharing Lync and Skype contacts