- Exploring the camera body
- Articulating LCD and LVF
- Exposure compensation
- Alternative shooting modes
- 6K Photo and 4K Photo modes
- Saving and restoring camera settings
- Working with the autofocus system
- Customizing AF for still photography and video
- Recording formats
- Exposing for V-Log L with scopes
- Capturing audio
- Customizing your GH5
- Programming the Fn buttons
- Wireless functions of the GH5
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi there, I'm Photo Joseph. A professional photographic storyteller, educator, a Lumix luminary, and your host for this GH5 training course. When I set out to create this course, I honestly thought that it'd be simpler and shorter than it turned out to be. But, as I dug into explaining various features and topics, I realized that there was more backstory that needed diving into as well. Which means even more information with more details and ultimately, more features covered throughout the course. In each chapter and video, you'll likely find more than you expect to based on the title.
Along with showing specific features and how to use them, in many cases, I'll discuss why and where you use them or not use them as the case may be and I offer many insights into how certain capabilities fit into my personal workflow or even alternate techniques to get superior results. So, who is this course for and should you watch it? Well, I've worked hard to ensure that this course appeals to as broad of an audience as possible. If you're totally new to the GH5, or even if this is your first Lumix camera, you'll certainly find a huge amount of useful information in here. If you're an experienced GH5 shooter, odds are still high that we'll uncover some surprises you didn't know were lurking in your camera.
But, even if you don't own a GH5, there's quite a bit of information here that applies to any Lumix camera and you know what, even if you're shooting any other mirrorless or mirrored camera, you'll find some information in here that will apply to whatever camera you have. Scan the chapter topics and see what jumps out at you. So, what do we cover in this course? We start with the basics and explore the camera body, buttons, and dials. Especially focusing on the unique GH5 features, such as the new joystick controller and the full sized HDMI port and cable holder. We cover exposure and motor drive modes, basics like ISO and white balance and the quick menu and photo styles.
Where available, we look into how to customize these modes and functions to truly make your camera your own. Including creating custom settings presets and backing up your camera configuration. We explore the auto focus system and look at separate options for still and video shooters. When it comes to video, we'll start from the basics, explaining the fundamentals of video resolutions and frame rates and even move into the advanced V-Log L upgrade and when combined with an external recorder, talk about shooting the highest frame rate and bit def combinations available.
Video is nothing without audio, so we'll look at the camera's audio recoring and monitoring tools as well as the optional XLR adapter for the GH5. Finally, we'll also look at the wireless functions of the GH5. With built in Bluetooth and Wifi, you can extend the capabilities of your camera with your smartphone, adding remote control, wireless image transfer, and even GPS logging. Overall, the GH5 is a remarkable camera. Of course, every user won't use every feature, but the emence amount of power packed into this camera ensures that every photographer and cinematographer will find something to love and hopefully, the same can be said for this course.
So, join me on this journey through the inner workings of the GH5 and let's unlock the true value of this camera together.