Learn how shapes and symbols help designers weave a story into their logo designs, and explore the mystery behind these forms.
- We all know someone who's a wonderful storyteller, and what makes their tales so engaging are the words they use and the way they're delivered. A good logo designer tells a story the very same way, but instead of words, they use a rich visual vocabulary. They've learned how to combine these visual elements together in such a way that their story is woven into the logo. In this course, we're going to discuss the true and sometimes unexplained mysteries behind symbols.
We'll reveal the secrets behind why people respond to certain geometric shapes and how you can modify their reaction without their awareness. We'll explore the more common symbols and discover how they came to be imbued with almost magical powers. And we'll even share how to identify new and emerging symbols so that your logo design will be fresh and impactful for tomorrow's consumers. You'll be able to support your design with the logic and the reasoning that may have always been there, but perhaps you haven't had the background to explain.
There's so much to share, and I know you're here because you're ready to learn the secrets to jump start the next great identity. Let's talk logos.
- Why common shapes are so powerful
- Where stars, hearts, and shields get their meaning
- How using lines in unique ways can impart a message
- What repetition says to a viewer
- When personification is the right strategy