Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video A session with Brian Lee White, part of Audio Foundations: EQ and Filters.
(music playing)…My name is Brian Lee White.…I am a mixer, producer, and educator based in Oakland, California, and I like to…make records and show other people how to do the same.…I grew up in a musical family.…My dad played lots of instruments, played in bands, so I've been playing…instruments since I can remember.…
I got into computers at a really young age too, computers, technology, and the Internet.…So to me, mixing kind of really incorporates this left-brain, right-brain, very…artistic, right, and aesthetics, as well as highly technical and analytical…components, and kind of fusing the two together into this kind of middle-brain…spot to really kind of achieve the best of both worlds and deliver something…that's really special.…(music playing)…I originally got into teaching sort of as a way to supplement my income in what…is really a hard industry.…
Ultimately, I really grew to love teaching, being able to share my experiences,…share my tips and tricks with everyone, and I kind of created this kind of…
AuthorBrian Lee White
- Measuring frequency and amplitude
- Understanding the relationship between frequency and pitch
- Working with EQ controls such as bandwidth (Q) and gain
- Using graphic EQ
- Understanding the shelving and high-pass and low-pass filters
- Creating focus with EQ
- Creating complementary EQ curves
- Performing frequency bracketing with filters
- Automating EQ
- Using frequency analyzers
- Using harmonic generators to excite frequency content
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Frequency and Amplitude
2. Using Equalizers
3. Advanced EQ Topics
4. Additional EQ and Filtering Techniques
6. An Interview with the Author
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.