Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Audio + Music and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Rehearsing the beat
- Recording kick and snare drums
- Understanding Logic Pro regions and quantizing effectively
- Sound designing your kits
- Step sequencing
- Making stutter vocal effects
- Customizing Apple Loops to lock in pitch and feel
- Finding your tempo and changing the tempo of audio
- Slicing your samples by transient and by beat
- Flexing like a pro
- Making groove templates and other advanced quantizing techniques
- Making retro Logic groove techniques with the Transform Editor
- Vocoding and side-chaining in Logic Pro
Skill Level Intermediate
Thanks for watching the course. I really enjoyed making it. If you're interested in any of my other instructional material on Logic, check out my monthly column in Sound On Sound Magazine and my Hal Leonard Books, The Power in Logic Pro: Songwriting, Composing, Remixing and Making Beats. The other book is Logic Pro for Recording Engineers and Producers. Be sure to check out also some of the other audio courses on lynda.com, including the Foundations of Audio Series and the iPad Music Production Series.
And I hope you will have as much fun as I do, making beats in Logic.