Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Audio + Music and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Adjusting the delay time, level, and feedback parameters
- Utilizing a low-pass filter and polarity reverse
- Setting up an effects loop
- Setting the delay time by tempo or by ear
- Understanding the distinct uses of short, medium, and long delays
- Adjusting modulation rate, depth, and shape
- Adding double tracking and spreader effects
- Manipulating tone with constructive or destructive interference
- Creating a comb filter and flange effect
Skill Level Appropriate for all
In this course, we'll be covering many basic and advanced topics about delay and modulation, but we break the process down step by step so that all of these effects are easily understood. I'll demonstrate some approaches and then you'll get the chance to do it yourself. I designed this course to be accessible to everyone at all levels of audio experience, but rest assured, if you're new to this, you will not be left behind. However, you'll find it quite helpful to have some basic working knowledge of a digital audio workstation.
If you need a refresher on the basics of digital audio recording, mixing, and signal flow, you may want to check out the Essential Training Course appropriate for your digital audio workstation in the lynda.com Online Training Library. Otherwise, if you're ready, I'm ready. Let's get started.