Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filters.
- View Offline
In this course, we will be covering many basic and advanced topics about equalization and filtering. While I don't presume that you have any knowledge of these topics, I do recommend having some basic working knowledge of a digital audio workstation. If you need a refresher on the basics of digital audio recording, mixing, and signal flow, you may want to check out the Essential Training course appropriate for your digital audio workstation in the lynda.com Online Training Library. Otherwise, if you're ready, I'm ready.
Let's get started!
- Measuring frequency and amplitude
- Understanding the relationship between frequency and pitch
- Working with EQ controls such as bandwidth (Q) and gain
- Using graphic EQ
- Understanding the shelving and high-pass and low-pass filters
- Creating focus with EQ
- Creating complementary EQ curves
- Performing frequency bracketing with filters
- Automating EQ
- Using frequency analyzers
- Using harmonic generators to excite frequency content