Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Audio Foundations: EQ and Filters.
In this course, we will be covering many basic and advanced topics about equalization and filtering. While I don't presume that you have any knowledge of these topics, I do recommend having some basic working knowledge of a digital audio workstation. If you need a refresher on the basics of digital audio recording, mixing, and signal flow, you may want to check out the Essential Training course appropriate for your digital audio workstation in the lynda.com Online Training Library. Otherwise, if you're ready, I'm ready.
Let's get started!
AuthorBrian Lee White
- Measuring frequency and amplitude
- Understanding the relationship between frequency and pitch
- Working with EQ controls such as bandwidth (Q) and gain
- Using graphic EQ
- Understanding the shelving and high-pass and low-pass filters
- Creating focus with EQ
- Creating complementary EQ curves
- Performing frequency bracketing with filters
- Automating EQ
- Using frequency analyzers
- Using harmonic generators to excite frequency content
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Frequency and Amplitude
2. Using Equalizers
3. Advanced EQ Topics
4. Additional EQ and Filtering Techniques
6. An Interview with the Author
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.