Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processing.
In this course, we'll be covering many basic and advanced topics about…compression and dynamic processing.…While I don't presume that you have any knowledge of these topics, I do…recommend having some basic working knowledge of a digital audio workstation.…If you need a refresher on the basics of digital audio recording, mixing, and…signal flow, you may want to check out the essential training course appropriate…for your digital audio workstation in the lynda.com Online Training Library;…otherwise, if you're ready, I am ready.…Let's get started.…
AuthorBrian Lee White
- Measuring amplitude
- Understanding dynamic range
- Introducing compressors
- Utilizing compression ratios
- Applying attack and release
- Evening out a vocal performance with compression
- Adding punch and sustain to drums
- Using compression presets intelligently
- How to record with compression
- Solving common mix problems with limiters
- De-essing a vocal track
- Using gates and expanders
- Controlling frequency content with multiband compressors
- Using sidechains creatively
- Keying gates and compressors
- Fixing overcompressed tracks
- Using mixbus compression
- Working with parallel compression
- Compression and limiting best practices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 1/10/2014. What changed?
A: The Get in the Mix videos have been updated to the most recent version of Pro Tools. Also, the course now includes free Get in the Mix sessions for two more DAWs: Logic Pro X and Pro Tools 11.
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Pro Tools 11 Essential Trainingwith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN9h 14m Beginner
1. Audio Dynamics
4. Special Dynamics Processors
5. Advanced Topics
An Interview with the Author
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.