Guides you through the process of making beats for hip-hop, electronic dance, or any other commercial genre of music in Logic Pro.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dot Bustelo, and welcome to Logic Production Techniques, Making Beats. I'll start off with the basics of choosing a drum kit and making it your own with channel strip settings. Then I'll show you how to rehearse, record, and quantize a basic beat, and how to avoid losing your spontaneous creative ideas using capture recording. Then I get into how to create starter effects using Ultra beat Step Sequencer and side chain. (techno music beats) From there I'll show you how to customize OPO loops so they lock to your groove in both feel and pitch.
(groovy music) Next are the tools to manipulate timing and tempo by time stretching, slicing, and mapping to a EXS 24 instrument. Then I breakdown how to use flex audio to quantize, re-groove, and change feel and song tempo with the different flex modes. And finally I'll show you how to sidechain Logic's compressor and vocodor plug-ins. (techno music beats) So if you're ready, I'm ready to get started with Logic Production Techniques Making Beats.
- Rehearsing the beat
- Recording kick and snare drums
- Understanding Logic Pro regions and quantizing effectively
- Sound designing your kits
- Step sequencing
- Making stutter vocal effects
- Customizing Apple Loops to lock in pitch and feel
- Finding your tempo and changing the tempo of audio
- Slicing your samples by transient and by beat
- Flexing like a pro
- Making groove templates and other advanced quantizing techniques
- Making retro Logic groove techniques with the Transform Editor
- Vocoding and side-chaining in Logic Pro