Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video Using graphic EQ, part of Audio Foundations: EQ and Filters.
A graphic EQ is a special type of EQ that has fixed frequency and Q values…and is arranged in a multi-band, almost mixer-like presentation.…The only control in a graphic EQ is gain, which can either be boosted or cut to…alter the amplitude of a fixed-frequency spectrum.…Graphic EQs offer a fixed number of frequency points, or bands, that can be altered.…This simplicity, along with the inherent visual presentation of the total EQ…curve, makes them very simple to use and especially effective at certain tasks.…
Because they can contain many unique bands, sometimes over 30, graphic EQs are a…popular choice for calibrating playback systems to a specific room or space.…They are often used to compensate for a venue's acoustics in live sound systems…and can also be found performing the same task in many recording studios.…A large number of unique bands can help an engineer neutralize very specific…room modes or points of resonance in a space.…Sometimes I like to use graphic EQs for normal everyday EQ, tasks such as EQing a…
AuthorBrian Lee White
- Measuring frequency and amplitude
- Understanding the relationship between frequency and pitch
- Working with EQ controls such as bandwidth (Q) and gain
- Using graphic EQ
- Understanding the shelving and high-pass and low-pass filters
- Creating focus with EQ
- Creating complementary EQ curves
- Performing frequency bracketing with filters
- Automating EQ
- Using frequency analyzers
- Using harmonic generators to excite frequency content
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Frequency and Amplitude
2. Using Equalizers
3. Advanced EQ Topics
4. Additional EQ and Filtering Techniques
6. An Interview with the Author
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.