Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filters.
- View Offline
If you're a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library or if you're watching this tutorial on a DVD-ROM, you also have access to the raw audio material used to create the exercise content, as well as many other audio examples featured throughout the course. Inside the Exercise Files folder, you'll find a folder for each chapter containing the WAV files used throughout the course. These files can be imported into your own digital audio workstation and used to follow along with the material. If you're a Monthly member or Annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to the RAW audio files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets.
For members at all subscription levels, I provided you with guiding exercise content in the form of Get in the Mix demonstration sessions that you can open up in your own DAW. Watch the video about the Get in the Mix content to learn more about this unique learning experience. Let's get started!
- Measuring frequency and amplitude
- Understanding the relationship between frequency and pitch
- Working with EQ controls such as bandwidth (Q) and gain
- Using graphic EQ
- Understanding the shelving and high-pass and low-pass filters
- Creating focus with EQ
- Creating complementary EQ curves
- Performing frequency bracketing with filters
- Automating EQ
- Using frequency analyzers
- Using harmonic generators to excite frequency content