Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processing.
If you're a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library or if you're…watching this tutorial on a DVD-ROM, you also have access to the raw audio…material used to create the exercise content, as well as all other audio…examples featured throughout the course.…Inside the Exercise Files folder, you'll find the folder for each chapter,…containing the WAV files used throughout the course.…These files can be imported into your own digital audio workstation and used to…follow along with the material.…If you're a Monthly member or Annual member of lynda.com, you don't have…access to the raw audio files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets.…
For members at all subscription levels, I have provided you with guided…exercise content in the form of a Get in the Mix demonstration session that you…can open up in your own DAW.…Watch the video about the Get in the Mix content to learn more about this unique…learning experience.…Let's get started.…
AuthorBrian Lee White
- Measuring amplitude
- Understanding dynamic range
- Introducing compressors
- Utilizing compression ratios
- Applying attack and release
- Evening out a vocal performance with compression
- Adding punch and sustain to drums
- Using compression presets intelligently
- How to record with compression
- Solving common mix problems with limiters
- De-essing a vocal track
- Using gates and expanders
- Controlling frequency content with multiband compressors
- Using sidechains creatively
- Keying gates and compressors
- Fixing overcompressed tracks
- Using mixbus compression
- Working with parallel compression
- Compression and limiting best practices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Audio Dynamics
4. Special Dynamics Processors
5. Advanced Topics
An Interview with the Author
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.