Learn about adjusting sequences for individual drum sounds and full kits.
- [Instructor] Okay now it's time to talk about…one of my features of Ultra Beat…which is the sequencer.…Now, in addition to being a really, really powerful…drum and rhythm synthesizer…we have a very powerful sequence in here…that's actually really easy to use…and a lot of fun to work with.…Now, if you've never used a step sequencer…it's not that different from using the sequencer…inside of your DAW, inside of Logic that is.…So, the only difference…is that this thing works on a loop.…So what I'm going to do is I'm going to turn on the sequencer…and let's just go through a couple of the factory kits…and check out the patterns that they have loaded up.…
Now essentially this sequencer lives inside of Ultra Beat…and it plays back when you hit play…in the Logic transport.…It's always Beat synced…and it generally always will loop by default.…Each kit comes loaded with a few different patterns…so let's take a listen.…So this is the major crush kit.…(percussion playing)…And if you look, I have no midi…in my Logic arrange view.…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.