Learn about working with factory kits and using them for sequencing and multi-output routing.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to talk about Ultrabeat.…Ultrabeat is an unbelievably powerful rhythm synthesizer…as they like to say.…It's capable of using samples,…it's capable of doing synthesis on its own,…it can play percussion instruments,…it can play melodic instruments,…it's a beast.…It's a real mammoth of a software instrument…and it's been part of Logic for a really long time,…just about as long as I've used Logic.…It hasn't really changed much and the reason for that…is because there's so much here to do.…Now, may look a little complicated.…
It's not as complicated as you may think.…Let's talk about some of the different zones…that we have here.…On the left hand side, we have our selection of sounds,…and again, they start around C1.…(electronic drum beat)…As we go up and down, we can see that this is also a mixer.…(electronic drum beat)…So let me just record some sequence action.…(electronic drum beat)…Just keep this very simple.…
Got a quantization on.…(electronic drum beat)…Just a little bit of that, little bit of this.…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.