Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Sequencer, part of Logic Pro X: Virtual Instruments.
- [Voiceover] Now let's talk about the Sequencer.…There's so much cool stuff that we can use…the Sequencer for, and it's also…not going to feel too different from the Arpeggiator.…Let's go ahead back to the default setting here.…(synth sounds)…'Cause what I'd like to do is assign…the Sequencer to modulate something.…It already has a few things going on.…Let's assign it to modulate something.…Let me go ahead an start to pull these down.…One of the things that's really handy here…that I'd like to point out is the Show Target button.…Now what this is is basically a central menu…that allows you to look at what is modulating what,…so that you can start to make sense…of some of what's going on, especially if you're…working on these presets here.…
So I'm going to go over to LFO, for example,…and I can see where all of the different LFOs…are being assigned and modulating.…Same with AAHDSR, same with Sequencer.…So Sequencer 1 is modulating Master Volume,…and that's what we're looking at right now.…So if I go back to global, you may…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.