Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video Putting it all together with multiband EQ, part of Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filters.
Now that we understand the different types of filters commonly found…in both hardware and software equalizers, it's worth mentioning that many EQs…will incorporate multiple filter types into a single processor.…This is often referred to as a multiband EQ.…Multiband EQs generally feature one or more parametric bands in addition to…high- and low-shelving filters and high- and low-pass filters at each end of the…frequency spectrum.…Many multiband EQs will also feature input and output gain controls that can be…used to raise or lower the entire level of the signal.…
They usually have a phase or polarity invert button also.…The phase flip switch allows you to invert the waveform's amplitude, swapping…the pushes for pulls and the pulls for pushes shown here in the graph.…This switch is often used to compensate for phase offsets created in multi-mic…recording scenarios.…For instance, if you mic a snare drum with a mic on the top head and the…bottom head, those two signals might not reach the listener at the same time…
AuthorBrian Lee White
- Measuring frequency and amplitude
- Understanding the relationship between frequency and pitch
- Working with EQ controls such as bandwidth (Q) and gain
- Using graphic EQ
- Understanding the shelving and high-pass and low-pass filters
- Creating focus with EQ
- Creating complementary EQ curves
- Performing frequency bracketing with filters
- Automating EQ
- Using frequency analyzers
- Using harmonic generators to excite frequency content
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Frequency and Amplitude
2. Using Equalizers
3. Advanced EQ Topics
4. Additional EQ and Filtering Techniques
6. An Interview with the Author
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.