Mixing a Short Film with Logic Pro
In this course, explore a powerful round-trip workflow between Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro that helps sound editors to quickly mix dialogue, sound effects, and music for film. Author Scott Hirsch frames the lessons in a way that appeals to filmmakers of all levels, as well as professional and amateur audio mixers. He starts with exporting your tracks from Final Cut Pro and taking advantage of the film and video templates in Logic Pro, which makes project setup a snap. Then discover how to consolidate and edit dialog, fix noise problems and background hum, and add special effects. Finally, explore how to use automation and EQ to enhance and match your final tracks to the picture.
- Setting up your project
- Exporting audio and video
- Editing dialogue
- Fixing hum and broadband noise issues with processing
- Synchronizing sound effects
- Automating volume
- Printing the final mix stems
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Scott Hirsh, and welcome to Mixing a Short Film with Logic Pro. In this course, we'll explore a powerful workflow for the audio of your short film, documentary or other multi-media video project. I'll start by showing you how to export audio from the Final Cut Pro video editing software and how to get going with the useful film and video-specific template in Logo Pro. I'll then show you how to consolidate, edit and clean up your dialog and sync tracks using Logic's powerful editing tools and crossfades.
We'll see how to get rid of unwanted hums and broadband noise using such tools as the built-in channel equalizer and Isotopes RX2 Denoiser plugin. (soft static) We'll then look at techniques on how to use Logic's volume and plugin automation to balance and tonally shape your tracks to get the perfect mix. When we're done, we'll have a completed mix to reimport to Final Cut Pro. We'll be covering all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started with Mixing a Short Film with Logic Pro.
Up and Running with Photoshop Elements 99,850 Views
Photoshop Artist in Action: Uli Staiger's Atlantis10,348 Views
Photoshop Sharpening Power Workshop26,051 Views
Developing Universal Windows Apps16,275 Views
MoodleCloud: First Look7,798 Views
Logic Pro X Essential Training1,240,405 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training643,211 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views
Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Essential Training783,110 Views
Audio Recording Techniques1,374,060 Views