- View Offline
- Choosing the drum kit
- Making beats with Drummer and Ultrabeat
- Sound designing your kits
- Making stutter vocal effects
- Rocking out with Apple Loops
- Time-stretching, slicing, and sampling audio
- Making groove templates
- Warping your beat with Space Designer
- Sidechaining the compressor with your kick
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dot Bustelo and welcome to Making Beats in Logic Pro X. (slow electronic drum beat) I'll start off with the basics of finding a drum kit, recording and quantizing a beat, and how to avoid losing your spontaneous creative ideas using capture recording. (slow electronic piano music) I'll also show you how to build the foundation of your groove with Drummer, and then with Ultrabeat, including dance music stutter effects.
? Baby, baby ? It's on you, baby ? It's on you ? Next, I'll share with you powerful techniques and tools for manipulating a beat, such as time stretching, slicing, and mapping to an EXS24 instrument. Then I break down Flex audio for quantizing and regrooving audio, and changing both song tempo and feel with the different flex modes. (upbeat electronic music) I'll show you how to sidechain Logic's compressor, and Vocoder, and finally, I'll take you through the amazing mini plug-ins, like Arpeggiator, Modulator, and Note Repeater to introduce subtle complexity to your projects.
So, if you're ready, I'm ready to get started with Making Beats in Logic Pro X.