Explore presets and the variety of sounds coming from this synth.
- [Instructor] Now it's on…to one of the more complex synthesizers…that you're ever going to run into,…and I'm not speaking in terms of the complexity,…in terms of it having a ton of features like Alchemy does.…With Sculpture, what we're really talking about…is a very complex synthesis method…that we have to try and wrap our heads around…while also making some really, really cool sounds.…The thing that gives Sculpture a bit…of a steep learning curve is the fact that…it uses what's called physical modeling…as a synthesis method.…Now, as synthesizers grew more and more complex…and more intelligent over time,…there are certain companies that thought…perhaps they could find a way to replace sampling…as a means of creating realistic sounding instruments.…
Now sampler technology has also grown a lot…and what we were left with…was this physical modeling capability…where not only are we tweaking sounds…that sort of sound realistic,…but we can also use them to create…otherworldly, amazing organic sounding textures,…which are really cool.…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.