Join Brian Lee White for an in-depth discussion in this video Hardware and software EQ, part of Audio Foundations: EQ and Filters.
Truth be told, there are more EQ and filter tools in the market than I care to count.…It's no surprise that producers and engineers often become quickly overwhelmed…with the number of choices.…Even though all the complex interfaces, graphs, and knobs may look radically…different from each other, the reality is that all equalizers today are pretty…much designed on the same principles as the ones from a few decades ago,…and learning the fundamental concepts behind them and the basic techniques for…using them in your mixes translate surprisingly well across both hardware and…software processors.…
Think about it this way.…If you can drive a Honda, you can certainly drive a Toyota.…It might take a few minutes to get used to the controls and you may not…understand the full feature set that the car offers, but once you know how to…drive, you can pretty much drive anything and get from point A to point B. Now…some cars can zero to sixty in under five seconds, while others were designed to take it…slow and smooth.…
AuthorBrian Lee White
- Measuring frequency and amplitude
- Understanding the relationship between frequency and pitch
- Working with EQ controls such as bandwidth (Q) and gain
- Using graphic EQ
- Understanding the shelving and high-pass and low-pass filters
- Creating focus with EQ
- Creating complementary EQ curves
- Performing frequency bracketing with filters
- Automating EQ
- Using frequency analyzers
- Using harmonic generators to excite frequency content
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Frequency and Amplitude
2. Using Equalizers
3. Advanced EQ Topics
4. Additional EQ and Filtering Techniques
6. An Interview with the Author
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.