Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Effects, part of Logic Pro X: Virtual Instruments.
- [Instructor] There are a lot of effects to choose from…in Alchemy, and let's start to make sense…of some of them here.…Essentially, we've got almost anything you could imagine…in a sense, so let's go through the list here.…So, not only do we have individual types of effects,…like, we have reverbs, we have distortions,…we have filters, we have compressors, we also have…different versions of all of these different effects,…which are very very handy.…But what I want to point out to you is that…you don't have to use all of them at the same time.…
I like the way,…(several synthesizer notes)…that many of these effects are set up.…I'm going to go ahead and create another channel here,…I think that'll be nice to work with.…I'm still getting used to Alchemy not starting…with the letter E.…It's a little bit new for me.…(synthesizer note)…So many of the other synthesizers are in the E area.…So, for example, let's go ahead and clear,…I'm just going to go to file and clear all our effects.…(several synthesizer notes)…We'll just do...…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.