Learn about using loops and slicing.
- [Instructor] So the next thing we're going…to do is we're actually going to use our sampler…to playback a loop.…And that might not sound so special to you,…but keep in mind, that when you're using a sampler,…you can really bend the rules of audio.…And a lot of the great electronic music…that involves samplers was generally created…based on misuse of those sampler parameters…that we've come to know and love so well.…So essentially, what we're going to do,…I have a loop right here.…(chords play)…It's very simple.…
And what we're going to do, we're going to convert this…into a sampler where every time we have a transient,…essentially, it's going to cut a piece,…and we'll have that assigned to different keys…on the keyboard.…Now why would I want to do that?…Well, there are a lot of reasons.…One, we can do some extra special cool processing…for these different samples.…Another is that we'll be able to rearrange them…in ways that we may not think of,…if we were just playing the instrument conventionally.…And the other reason is…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.