Learn about programming basic parameters in a new context.
- [Voiceover] Now this brings us to ES1.…ES1 is a very flexible synthesizer…that comprises a lot of the parameters…that we've talked about so far,…and reinvents some of them in a new context.…So right now I have a very simple sound going.…Let's pull the resonance down.…Let's open the filter a little bit.…Okay, and let's start off…with the oscillator section basically.…So, in this synthesizer, it's a little bit different…in that we've got a crossfader that's allowing you…to mix between a couple of different oscillators.…
So first of all, we've got our wave up here.…We've got a square, sawtooth, and triangle,…and then if we move the square over here,…you can see that we have those different pulse widths.…Okay, and then down at the bottom,…we have our sub-oscillator, which is an octave down.…So if we change the octave over here,…it's still an octave below our friend up top.…
So let's change this to, let's say, one of these guys.…How about a square?…And let's do a sawtooth on top.…Okay, we have a little drive circuit we can push it with.…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.