Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Alchemy workout, part of Logic Pro X: Virtual Instruments.
- [Instructor] So, let's start off with the…instrument I had going in here.…I was kind of into this, let's take a listen.…(funky electronic music)…And maybe I'll make a little effects chain,…that just has something a little bit special.…(funky electronic music)…Convolution Reverb on B.…(funky electronic music)…Send this…iPass to B.…
(funky electronic music)…Alright, so that's going to be a separate…effects chain, and then, maybe,…we can also add some distortion.…
(funky electronic music)…I just want to make sure that we're…gettin' this over here.…(funky electronic music)…There we go.…(funky electronic music)…If we morph a little bit,…(funky electronic music)…there we go.…
(funky electronic music)…How 'about just a little compression.…(funky electronic music)…There we go.…
Okay, cool, we got that going.…(funky electronic music)…It's a good place to start, pulled up…a nice drum beat, here we go.…You ready?…(funky electronic music)…Now, let's get our other instrument going.…(funky electronic music)…Alright, so, we're going to need a nice,…
- Using oscillators to build sounds
- Creating rich and expressive tones
- Adding movement via modulation
- Using tuning and randomness to sculpt sounds
- Adding effects
- Vocoder setup
- Customizing presets
- Loop slicing
- Multi-output routing
- Building custom drum kits
- Shaping drum transients and sustain
Skill Level Intermediate
Get in the Mix with Logic Prowith Brian Lee White2h 26m Intermediate
1. Vintage Vibe
2. Basic Synthesizers
4. Advanced Synthesizers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.