WPA3 is the latest in security protocols or Wi-Fi. In this video, explore the features it adds.
- [Instructor] WPA2 has been used … as a security protocol on Wi-Fi for many years. … In 2018, the Wi-Fi Alliance announced … that it was going to published an updated … and more secure WPA3 protocol, … which adds four features not found in WPA2. … By end of year, updated Wi-Fi chips were being produced, … and by 2019, WPA3 routers started to appear on the market. … The first WPA3 feature is known … as individualized data encryption. … Currently, open Wi-Fi networks … that you find in airports, hotels, coffee shops, … and other public locations have the convenience … of allowing anyone to connect, but at a price. … Traffic sent over them isn't encrypted at all. … WPA3 addresses this by applying … individualized data encryption. … When you connect to an open Wi-Fi network using WPA3, … the traffic between your device … and the Wi-Fi access point will now be encrypted … even though you didn't enter a passphrase at the time … of connection. … The second feature is the Dragonfly handshake. …
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic Wi-Fi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things
Skill Level Intermediate
Course disclaimer1m 37s
1. Wi-Fi Networks
2. Rogue Access Points
Understanding Bluetooth5m 1s
4. Additional Tools
5. Internet of Things
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.