Yersinia is a tool built into Kali Linux that can take advantage of the vulnerabilities in some of the protocols found in the data link layer such as STP and CDP.
- [Instructor] Intrusion detection and firewall protection…that defend and protect the network…typically work at the network layer and higher.…By design, Layer 2 protocols…are with the confines of a LAN…under the physical control of an organization.…An attack can take place because network administrators…don't generally monitor the LAN unless there are problems.…However, there are several attacks on Layer 2 protocols.…Yersinia is a tool that can take advantage…of the vulnerabilities in some of the protocols…found in the data link layer.…
As you can see, attacks for the following…protocols are implemented,…and a lot of them are involved…with the Cisco devices.…On a side note, Yersinia comes from the organism…yersinia pestis, the bacteria that causes plague.…As dramatic as that sounds,…it's a great tool for analyzing…and testing the network and systems.…The Spanning-Tree Protocol is used on a local area network…because switches have redundant links for fault tolerance.…Spanning-Tree Protocol will change the pathways…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Sniffing network traffic
- Passive vs. active attacks
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6
- MAC and macof attacks
- Investigating DHCP attacks
- Detecting ARP and DNS spoofing
- Sniffing tools and techniques
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sniffing Overview
2. MAC Attacks
6. Sniffing Tools and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.