Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with advanced configuration in VirtualBox, part of Learning Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] Virtual Box provides advanced…configuration items which can be useful…when using virtual machines in the more…sophisticated environments.…Let's have a look at some of the key ones.…I'll click on the Settings icon.…This displays the Settings panel which…contains the configurations to the selected…virtual machine.…The first item I'll look at is the General Settings…which provides four tabs; Basic, Advanced,…Description and Encryption.…Of interest here in Advanced Settings…are the settings for enabling and disabling…the use of Clipboard and Drag and Drop.…
The System item has three tabs which are used…for advanced tuning.…The important item here is in Acceleration.…If the host contains the Intel VTX or AMDV…nested paging features, checking these will improve…performance significantly.…The Display function has three tabs;…Screen, Remote Display and Video Capture.…The Remote Display tab is used to allow…the virtual machine to be remotely accessed.…
And requires the extension pack to be installed.…The built in remote access server port…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.