Use WhatWeb to do a quick check of a web server.
- [Narrator] We've seen the 10 map can be…used to identify a web server.…Another way to fingerprint a website,…is to use a tool called WhatWeb.…Let's use this against the server…on 10.10.10.5 and see what it finds.…We can see this is an IIS 7.5 server running ASP,…and it appears to be under construction.…WhatWeb can also check all websites on a subnet,…and using grep, we can skip hosts which don't respond.…
We have a number of websites available.…Let's look at a few of the results.…10.10.10.5,…10.10.10.14,…and 10.10.10.15 are Microsoft IIS servers…that support ASP and we can see…that they're under construction.…10.10.10.13 and 10.10.10.22…are Apache 2.4.18 servers and both…present the default Apache page.…A little further down, we can see 10.10.10.8…is presenting an HFS 2.3 HTTP file server.…
There's also some active websites at 10.10.10.27,…we can see an Apache website called Brotherhood Software.…We can also see websites called Ask Jeeves,…Arrexel's Development Site, and the USS Enterprise.…WhatWeb comes with a large number of plugins,…
- Using Masscan for rapid full-service scanning
- Passive scanning with Shodan
- Using Nmap scripts
- Scanning with Reconnoitre and Vanquish
- Diagnosing uncommon ports
- Enumerating Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla sites
- Enumerating in the Linux shell
- Using the JAWS PowerShell script
Skill Level Advanced
Penetration Testing: Advanced Kali Linuxwith Malcolm Shore2h 22m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Penetration Testingwith Lisa Bock1h 20m Intermediate
Penetration Testing Essential Trainingwith Malcolm Shore2h 29m Intermediate
1. Identifying Services
2. Enumerating Services
3. Enumerating Web Servers
4. Further Enumeration
Enumerating inside Windows4m 41s
What's next1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.