This video runs through the expected skills and knowledge required to do this course.
- [Instructor] This is a practical course and during this course I'll be using Kali Linux based tools running against the Hack The Box online test lab. If you don't have an account set up, the details for doing this are in my advanced Kali course. I'll be using the Kali testing framework and a variety of test targets as well as introducing some new tools. This is an advanced course and you'll need to have a good working knowledge of Kali and some hands-on experience of ethical hacking.
I'll be looking at advanced features of Kali which build on an assumed basic level of knowledge. It would be beneficial to have taken the Advanced Kali and the Advanced web testing courses. Pen testing is a challenging pursuit. You should be competent in Windows and Unix host technologies, as well as having a good grasp of network protocols. You should also be very persistent.
- Using Masscan for rapid full-service scanning
- Passive scanning with Shodan
- Using Nmap scripts
- Scanning with Reconnoitre and Vanquish
- Diagnosing uncommon ports
- Enumerating Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla sites
- Enumerating in the Linux shell
- Using the JAWS PowerShell script