Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Linux Foundation Cert Prep: Network Security (Ubuntu).
- [Instructor] Because this course focuses only on securing common aspects of a Linux server I expect that you're already familiar with Linux and how to install and start the services that we'll be working with here. If you're not familiar with the command line or with service configuration be sure to take a look at those courses first. I'm using two virtual machines on the same virtual network using the VirtualBox software, but you could use pretty much any two Linux machines connected to the same network to follow along.
- Name the tool that is often used to find out what ports are open on a remote server.
- Explain what a firewall will do without any additional configuration.
- Identify what you append a rule to in iptables.
- Explain what needs to be added to a site to allow the use of HTTPS.
- List the two components of a keypair.