- [Instructor] In this course, we will be using CentOS 7 Linux. CentOS 7 is a near exact clone of Red Had Enterprise Linux 7. CentOS 7 is freely downloadable from CentOS.org. If you have access to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, you can use this as well. We'll be running CentOS 7 in multiple virtual machines in VirtualBox. You can run VirtualBox on most any host operating system including Windows, macOS, or Linux. You may want to have high speed internet for doing Linux OS software updates. You will also want 10 to 15 gigabytes of free hard drive space for the Linux virtual machines.
If you took the first course in this series, titled RHCE Cert Prep Networking and SSH, you can keep using those CentOS 7 virtual machines if you wish. Just be sure that the networking is functional and both VMs can communicate with each other. If you did not take that course, we will cover installing CentOS 7, configuring the network, and cloning the VM in this course.
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
Linux System Engineer: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 52m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.