This video provides details regarding the prior level of knowledge required to begin this course.
- [Narrator] This is a practical course and during this course I'll be using a virtualized environment called VirtualBox. I'll also be using a number of tools which are part of the Kali Linux Framework to test systems. If you're not familiar with Kali and virtualization you should watch my introduction to Kali Linux course which will guide you through installing and using them. In addition, I'll be assuming that you understand Basic computer and networking concepts, are familiar with Windows and have a knowledge of basic Linux commands.
I'll also be using some additional hardware to do the testing. While some testing can be done just with a laptop, you'll be better served getting an external USB Wi-Fi device to use. We'll cover the types of devices you might want to purchase. They're readily available and not too expensive. I'll also be demonstrating the Hak5 Pineapple. It's a hardware rogue access point which is fairly popular with testers.
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic WiFi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things