- [Instructor] In this course, we'll be using CentOS 7 Linux. CentOS 7 is a near exact clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. CentOS 7 is freely downloadable from CentOS.org. It you have access to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, you can use that as well. We'll be running CentOS 7 in a virtual machine in VirtualBox. You can run VirtualBox on most any host operating system, including Windows, macOS, or Linux. You may also want to have high-speed internet for doing Linux OS software updates. You will also want 10 to 15 gigabytes of free hard drive space for the Linux virtual machine.
If you took my previous course titled RHCE Cert Prep: Networking and SSH, you can keep using that CentOS 7 virtual machine. That course is the first in this series. So if you did not take it yet, I would recommend reviewing the OS installation portion to build your virtual machine. You can also use a standard CentOS 7 server with GUI installation. This means choosing Server with GUI on the software selection screen. While installing, you'll also want to make sure the first user is an administrator.
- Installing MariaDB server
- MariaDB commands, configuration files, and logs
- Addressing SELinux concerns
- Using the MySQL shell
- Managing databases and tables with subcommands
- Creating a database with tables
- Querying a database
- Renaming tables and updating records
- Setting and recovering the root database password
- Securing your MariaDB server installation
- Performing and restoring logical database backups