Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Kali?, part of Learning Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] Kali is the latest evolution…of what started out as a security testing suite…called BackTrack.…It runs on a wide range of hardware…and is used extensively by…professional security testers.…Kali is a Linux distribution which includes…over 300 security testing tools…and a graphical interface to make…using the main testing tools easier.…The main Kali screen has two drop-down menu items…on the top bar, Applications and Places,…and a set of quick access icons on the left.…
The top bar shows the date time in the middle of the bar…and when I click on it, I get a pop-up pane…with the calendar.…The right hand part of the top bar…has a number of functions.…The first icon shows the number one in a box.…Kali supports multiple desktop screens,…these are called Workspaces…and this icon indicates that I'm using Workspace 1.…When I press the Windows key,…a pane appears on the right hand side…and when I hover over it I can see that I have…two active Workspaces.…
I'll open up a command shell in Workspace 1.…When I select Workspace 2, there's no command shell.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.