Ethical Hacking Sniffers is an intermediate course for IT security professionals to learn about the sniffing phase of ethical hacking and examine network traffic using Wireshark and other sniffing tools.
- [Instructor] This course is an intermediate course…intended for IT security professionals,…network administrators, students,…teachers, or anyone with an interest in learning more…about the sniffing phase of ethical hacking,…along with an understanding of why examining network traffic…is important in an organization…as part of an overall security framework.…Participants should have a basic understanding…of security concepts, along with networking terms…and hardware devices including routers,…switches, and firewalls.…
In addition, participants should understand the OSI model,…IP addressing, and subnets,…basic cryptographic concepts and techniques,…decimal, hexadecimal, and binary number representation,…common protocols, and have an interest in the subject.…To better prepare and understand the tools and techniques,…participants should complete Introduction to Kali Linux…with Malcolm Shore.…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Sniffing network traffic
- Passive vs. active attacks
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6
- MAC and macof attacks
- Investigating DHCP attacks
- Detecting ARP and DNS spoofing
- Sniffing tools and techniques
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sniffing Overview
2. MAC Attacks
6. Sniffing Tools and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.