Want to become an ethical hacker? Learn how to detect network vulnerabilities through scanning, and use a variety of tools and techniques for evading IDS detection, concealing, spoofing, and tunneling.
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador. In this course, I'll explore the second phase of ethical hacking, scanning. I'll review scanning techniques, and the variety of tools used to obtain information from our target system, including specially crafted packets, TCP flags, UDP scans, and Ping Sweeps. I'll discuss mapping the network, and vulnerability scanning, and investigate some tools such as Nmap, Nitco, and other tools.
Finally, I'll discuss ways to evade detection using onion routing and tunneling techniques, along with ways to identify and counter port scanning. I'll explore many of the tools and techniques of scanning, and also the logic behind the scans. This course is part of the ethical hacking series. Are you ready? Let's get started.
This course investigates the scanning tools and techniques used to obtain information from a target system, including specially crafted packets, TCP flags, UDP scans, and ping sweeps. Lisa Bock discusses how hackers can identify live systems via protocols, blueprint a network, and perform a vulnerability scan to find weaknesses. She also introduces some of the tools and techniques that hackers use to counter detection via evasion, concealment, and spoofing. In addition, learn how to reduce the threat of tunneling, a method hackers use to circumvent network security.
Note: The Ethical Hacking series maps to the 20 parts of the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam (312_50) version 10.
- Scanning overview
- Port scanning countermeasures
- Scanning and querying DNS
- Scanning with ICMP
- Mapping (or blueprinting) a network
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Using tools such as hping and NetScan
- Evading detection
- Concealing your network traffic
- Preventing tunneling
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Scanning Overview and Methodology
2. Identifying Live Systems Using Protocols
3. Blueprint the Network
4. Vulnerability Scanning
Commercial and free scanners3m 17s
5. Scanning Tools
6. Evading Detection
7. Concealing and Spoofing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.