Learn the concepts, tools, and techniques behind footprinting: ethical hacking techniques for finding information about computers and the people they belong to.
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador. In this course, I'll explore the use of high, and low-tech tools to dig public information. I'll show you how to take advantage of the power of Googlebots for super searching, to look for emails and other information on a website. I'll evaluate open source intelligence tools to search information. I'll also review DNS basics, and use nslookup and follow up with Dig.
I'll demonstrate ICMP, ping, and tracer to see ways to trace a path and better understand a network. Finally, I'll discuss ways to avoid being seen on the network and review reporting guidelines. This course is part of the Ethical Hacking series. Are you ready? Let's go to the web and beyond.
Note: Our Ethical Hacking series maps to the 18 parts of the EC-Council's certification exam. This course maps to the 02 Footprinting and Reconnaissance domain.
- Using competitive intelligence
- Hacking with search engines
- Using email for footprinting
- Getting social
- Mirroring websites
- Using Ping, Tracert, nslookup, and dig
- Taking footprinting countermeasures
- Pen testing for footprinting