Meet Kali Linux, the operating system for ethical hackers, digital forensics experts, and penetration (pen) testers. Learn how to use and install Kali Linux and its toolsets for vulnerability assessment, password cracking, and more.
- [Voiceover] Everyday, we hear of another data breach. Big or small, public or private. In the digital world, business is connected. And that means it's exposed. I'm Malcolm Shore, and I've spent a career helping government and businesses protect their systems. Minimizing the risk of being today's data breach means testing systems thoroughly, before they go online. And that's the role of the penetration tester. The tool most commonly used to do this testing is Kali Linux.
In this course I'll explore how we can use Kali Linux to test systems for weaknesses. We'll look at how to establish a virtual network of systems to use as a learning environment for Kali. And we'll look at the Kali system and I'll demonstrate some of the tools provided by Kali for testing system. I'll start by taking a look at Oracle's VirtualBox environment. And I'll build a network of testing target. I'll then describe to Kali operating system in this extensive set of tools for information gathering and system testing.
When you finish this course, you'll have a great understanding of how to set up a virtual test network, and use it to test systems for vulnerabilities.
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.