Discover how to use Vega to scan a website for web application vulnerabilities.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] The main page of Vega shows a menu bar…and four panels: a Website View, Scan Alerts,…Scan Info, and Identities.…These are all empty.…Notice at the top right, we can select either the…Scanner View, which we'll look at now, or the Proxy View,…which we'll look at next.…We can use Vega as a scanner to point it to websites…and scan it.…Or, we can use it as a proxy to monitor traffic to and from…websites as we visit them in our browser.…
Right now, I'll start by selecting the icon at the top left,…the bullseye with the plus in it, to start a scan.…When I select this icon, a panel pops up for me to enter…a target website address.…I'll visit the website on Metasploitable, so I'll enter…10.0.2.13 and press Next.…Vega then displays the test modules it's going to run.…A standard Vega will run 12 of its 17 predefined…injection tests and 23 of its 27…predefined response processing modules.…
Once you become familiar with what Vega provides…in each test, you may want to include or remove some of them…from a scan.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.