In this video, watch a demonstration of Fern Wi-Fi Cracker as an integrated penetration testing tool for Wi-Fi networks.
- [Instructor] Kali comes with a number of tools … for WiFi testing. … One of them is the Fern WiFi Cracker. … I'll select it from the Applications menu … under the Main Wireless Attacks menu. … The first thing I have to do … is select the monitoring interface to use. … Fern has detected the interfaces available … and I just need to click on the one I want and select it. … Fern will automatically put this into monitor mode … and display a message when it's ready. … Okay, I can now scan for access points. … Fern will initialize its scanning engine … and then start monitoring for access point broadcasts. … It takes a couple of minutes to pick up all the networks. … As it does so, it shows a message next … to the WEP and WPA symbols … showing what has been detected. … It also maintains a database of networks … and if one have been cracked, … it will have its key stored. … We can see there are no keys currently stored. … Okay, I'll have a look at the WPA access points. … This shows a panel with the detected access points. …
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic Wi-Fi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things