Grasp how searching free and paid records online can provide a great deal of information on your target. Lisa Bock reviews Spokeo, a people search that uses Public Records, White Pages listings, and Social Networking sites, and discover powerful tools such as AnyWho - Spokeo - Yansi to unearth a ton of information.
- [Voiceover] When conducting…footprinting and reconnaissance,…searching public records online…can provide a great deal of information on your target.…When you put in a name it will present you with…all names like the one you entered.…Therefore, you need to narrow your search…with more specific filters such as state or age.…Anything you can put in to narrow your search will help.…Now what are we gonna find on these public records?…Well, data found on the public domain…is maintained by local, state, and federal government.…
This includes things such as property title and liens,…birth and death certificates,…business records, such as,…Security and Exchange Commission filings, and court records.…In addition, data not manintained by the government,…includes phone numbers, licensing, press releases,…and newspaper articles.…Commercial records can be searched for mailing lists,…phone connect and disconnect information,…and business profile statistics.…We'll just take a look at some of the many…public search engines out there.…
Note: Our Ethical Hacking series maps to the 18 parts of the EC-Council's certification exam. This course maps to the 02 Footprinting and Reconnaissance domain.
- Using competitive intelligence
- Hacking with search engines
- Using email for footprinting
- Getting social
- Mirroring websites
- Using Ping, Tracert, nslookup, and dig
- Taking footprinting countermeasures
- Pen testing for footprinting