Learn the basics of wireless protected Setup (WPS) and how its used to provide proximity-secured automatic setup.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] The WiFi alliance has defined…a guideline for the WiFi Simple Configuration…or WSC protocol.…A manufacturers can submit their devices…to be certified to use the term WiFi Protected Setup, WPS.…So to be correct WPS is the feature and WSC is the protocol.…Many modern wireless routers include the WPS feature…to provide user friendly method of connecting…to a home network at the press of a button.…
To connect a device to a secure home network…requires knowledge of SSID and without WPS also…requires knowledge of its WPA password.…To connect you select wireless networks in the…device setup and then pick the network to connect too…by its SSID.…They'll likely be many networks visible and then enter…its security key.…WPS simplifies the connection process connecting using…a WPS certified device involves selecting the network…when asked for the network key the user presses…the WPS button on the router.…
The router and the device exchange keying information…automatically and the devices connected to the wireless…
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic WiFi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things