In this video, explore the basics of Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and how it's used to provide proximity-secured automatic setup.
- [Narrator] The WiFi Alliance has defined a guideline … for the WiFi Simple Configuration … or WSC protocol. … And manufactories can submit their devices … to be certified to use the term … WiFi Protected Setup, WPS. … So to be correct, WPS is the feature … and WSC is the protocol. … Many modern wireless routers … include the WPS feature to provide user-friendly method … of connecting to a home network at the press of a button. … To connect a device to a secure home network … requires knowledge of its SSID. … And without WPS, also requires knowledge … of its WPA password. … To connect, you select wireless networks … in the device setup … and then pick the network to connect to by SSID. … There'll likely be many networks visible. … And then enter its security key. … WPS simplifies the connection process. … Connecting using a WPS certified device … involves selecting the network. … When asked for the network key, … the user presses the WPS button on the router. … The router and the device …
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic Wi-Fi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things