Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video UEFI, Secure Boot, and Trusted Execution, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] I want to talk about a couple topics,…in the realm of secure computing.…The first one is the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface.…This is a replacement for the common PC BIOS.…It's a specification for a user interface…that goes between the firmware and the operating system.…This is where you do things like…show that you have hard drives attached,…what boot order you want them to boot up in.…
Those are the sort of things you…configure in the interface.…UEFI has some new functionality.…There's functionality like booting from…large disks over to terabytes,…and booting from drives that have GUI Partition Tables.…But there's something else it brings…to the table, which is even more powerful.…That is the ability to Secure Boot.…We go about securing the boot-strapping phase…by using Public Key Cryptography.…
And we use this PKI, this Public Key Infrastructure,…with the support of hardware vendors,…software vendors, operating system vendors,…who all use these keys that start…with the hardware vendor having a platform key.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.