Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Time synchronization, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] NTP, Network Time Protocol…it's all about time synchronization.…Let's look at the problem space.…If you've got just your server,…you've got one clock and everything uses that clock,…so it's easy to timestamp things…and know that they're all synchronized.…If you've got another server…and you need to interact with that…and you need to synchronize things…like transactions and logs…you need to make sure that the clocks…on different hardware are synchronized.…
It gets even more complicated…when you've got even more servers…and in today's world, we aren't isolated.…We have web services and other services…that are on other computers outside of our enterprise…and we need to synchronize with them as well.…So there's been a standardization on time clocks.…The U.S. runs its own clock which is set as its standard…and then nations coordinated to have…an international standard…and on the internet these servers connect to each other…so they can all be synchronized in terms of time.…
What's more efficient though,…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.