In this video, discover how to use the SOAP service through netcat to test a Wemo switch.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the Internet of Things. … One of the popular home devices is the Belkin WeMo Switch, … and I've got a new one powered up, but not yet configured. … I'll set Acrylic Analyser running and I'll look at what … wireless networks are available in my vicinity. … We can see there's a WeMo Switch 296 network available. … That's my internet addressable WeMo switch, … advertising itself, ready to be connected … to my home network. … The WeMo network is an open network, so we don't … need a password to connect. … Let's close Acrylic now and I'll change my network … connection from my home network to the switch. … Okay, I've opened a command shell … and I'll check my network connections. … Okay, I can see that I've been assigned … the IP address 10.22.22.149 by the switch … and the gateway address, the switch itself … is 10.22.22.1, I'm now a client … on the WeMo's own network. … Let's have a look at what ports … are available on the switch. … I can see two TCP ports open, …
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic Wi-Fi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things
Skill Level Intermediate
Course disclaimer1m 37s
1. Wi-Fi Networks
2. Rogue Access Points
Understanding Bluetooth5m 1s
4. Additional Tools
5. Internet of Things
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.