In this video, Chaim Krause configures accesses to the email server from an external box using the Thunderbird email client. Learn how to configure SSH for a secure connection.
- I'm now switched over to a different computer,…in this case it happens to be a Mac…but you can use any other machine.…And I'm going to attempt…to make the connection with telnet externally…so let's try that.…And we're going to connect to to POP3.…And we get a connection…so let's try and log in.…And we're disallowed…because we're using plaintext here.…So even though we can make a connection…to our POP3 server,…it's telling us we need…to have a secure connection…in order to pass the login credentials.…
And we'd see the same thing if we…try to connect to IMAP.…Again, it'll tell us…the plaintext authentication is disallowed.…So let's now look at the POP3S…and IMAPS connections that are secure.…In order to make a secure connection…you need a client and a host…that both can speak over a secure protocol.…Telnet is not secure,…so we're going to use a different tool.…And that is a tool provided by the OpenSSL library,…and the name of that tool is s_client.…
And what we're going to do…is we're going to connect your server,…but this time we're going to use POP3S.…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.