Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video System logging, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- (Voiceover) When it comes to logging…there's been a change to series Linux enterprise 12.…It introduced it's on logging system called Journal.…Everything going forward is suppose to be using this system…compared to Syslog.…Although I will show you ways to connect the two together.…We're gonna concentrate on Journal.…Journal itself, managed by System D…like the other services.…Let's use system control and status…to check the status of our Journal system.…
It's system D, journal D.…And we can see that it's uploaded, active running.…So there is a companion for the damen.…And that is journal control.…So if you type journalctl and hit enter.…What you're going to get…is you're going to get the top of the journal…from the beginning.…And then you can use the space bar to go through.…
And you'll see all of the logging there.…I'm gonna hit Q to exit here.…If you want to get the current stuff first…then what you can use is dash R…for reverse order.…And you will get the most current stuff at the top.…We'll quit here and I'm going to use journal again.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.